MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

58 years ago in 1959, Nepal Distilleries Pvt Ltd was established in Nepal.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #21
Tiki Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpp10 View Post
Hello all, my name is Paul Lucier and I like Mount Gay Rum. That said, and this may be a function of age, the best rum I ever tasted, +/-25 years ago, was Bremuadaz (spl?). I'm pretty sure it was from the Dominican Republic and it was a gift from a friend who's daughter in law was a flight attendant with American Airlines. So the question is, how close was I with the name and is it still distilled?
Thanks for any help and I looking forward to trying new taste.
Paul J. Lucier
Bermudez rum is still produced in the DR. I picked up a bottle of 1812Centanario on a recent trip. Great stuff and cheap to purchase ($15).
Tiki Mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #22
Captandrew

Hello to all. I am a rum aficionado of many years. I have had the privilege of traveling extensively by boat around the Caribbean and US. This has given me access to many fine rums, and I certainly took advantage. My current personal favorite is El Dorado 15, which I discovered on one of my sorties to the islands, and eventually found here in the US.

I look forward to education and camaraderie here.
Captandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #23
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Welcome to the forums. There are more rums coming to the US than ever before so you might find some of your island favorites at a store near you.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #24
BENNETT-ON-RUM

Hi,

I have been an author and journalist for some 40 years since coming down from Uni.

A dedicated Real Ale and Cider drinker I only finally discovered the wonders of fine Rum a year ago.

Yes, I know I have missed out on years of great drinking, but I'm manfully trying to make up for lost time!

My list stands at 42 so far, ranging from my favorites such as Banks XM Royal to St Aubin 'Coffee and Caramel', via Goslings Black Seal.

I look forward to discovering much, much more about Rum.

BENNETT-ON-RUM
BENNETT-ON-RUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #25
Angels share

Default New member

Just joined MOR forum and I am eager to learn from more experienced rum drinkers. I own 85 different rums and want to know the rum tasters with the ability to taste toasted banana orange peel and leather. Who eats or drinks leather? Please sell me some of your taste buds. Can someone tell me what is the difference between rum with spices and spiced rum. When are the spices blended and who drinks tobacco flavored rum???
I am a cardiologist who likes Caribbean sailing my taste buds must need resuscitation when some of you guys taste chocolate and toasted coconut in rums .Who and where are you guys??
Angels share is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:32 AM   #26
Viking

Hello all. I've been a rum fan since I was a little feller. Woods White Sail and Lemon Hart were standards back then. Still hard to beat a Lemon Hart and a splash of Pepsi on a regular basis. Looking forward to trying some of these other rums' you folks are going on about.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #27
James Rum Seeker

Hello Rumer's.....

I have been monitoring this website for some time now and have finally decided to join. since my favorite rum (yet to be tasted) is spoken allot here, it was time to jump on.

I am the lucky owner of a TRICENTENNIEL bottle of Mount Gay Rum N#234/3000. I have yet the courage to crack it, therefore rely on you all to tell me how it tastes.

I am seeking another bottle of TRI-CEN rum so that I may taste it for real, but its getting a little expensive.the 10 year anniversary is coming and by then, it should double or close to it.
James Rum Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #28
drterror666

Default New Member From The UK

Hello all! I'm from the good ol' United Kingdom and my rum voyage has just begun. I never have been that much of a drinker, but in the past few years I decided to have a go at Mixology. Through that I realize I have a passion for rum. So far I've tried Papaguyo Spiced, Angostura White, Angostura Gold and my favourite so far, Angostura 1919, which is amazing.

Hope to add to this busy forum!
drterror666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #29
dz416

Default only the good stuff

Hi I actually joined this site a few years back but life got busy. I still drink what I consider the best rums I can find. Not a Bacardi or captain morgan drinker. Ron Centenario, fundation rates pretty high for me. Ron Anejo Pampero aniversario, Santa Teresa, Fleur De cana, appleton estate.
I have been known to spend $10 a bottle for shipping just to have what I want. I like several others but you get the picture. I am always game for a good celebration with quality rum.
I am 47 and I don't really remember when I started drinking rum as a favorite. I am currently in Annapolis getting my sailboat ready to head south for warmer climates. This site has a lot of good information about some good rums. You get what you pay for so only buy the best.
I would rather have one really good bottle of rum when I want a drink than 50 bottles of who knows what around to look at. I prefer Dr. Pepper if I am using soda. I enjoy a really good rum with honey water(it really lets the flavor shine)I have called this a rumoney for years.
CHEERS
dz416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #30
Tradewind Food Imports

Talking Lime, Soda, and Kill Devil

This site looks really interesting. I would like to import some class act Rums into England, so I have recently formed a limited company to do so.

So far, so good! I am needing more info on costs of shipping and customs rates, etc., but that's just a matter of a little leg work.

I am a retired Business Studies and Design Technology Teacher who is now exploring a long-held ambition to deal in quality spirits. Since start-up, I have met some of the coolest people in the world.

Cheers!
Tradewind Food Imports is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions