MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

390 years ago in 1627, the English established the first colony on Barbados.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
dreliason

I would like to welcome everyone to MoR. Itis a great place visited by many knowledgable people, all focused on our favorite beverage ... rum.

You should all get familiar with the site. I might suggest that an easy way to get involved is the visit Rum Recipe Contest. As new members, you can vote three times a day for what you believe to be the best rum drink recipe. I would urge you to read the entries and make an informed decision based upon you knowledge and taste for rum. Give special attention to Red Sail in the Sunset (my entry) ... a rum drink with with white rum, Coecoei (a rum based liquor), a little lime juice, and a light mixer like Sprite. Remember, you have three votes a day and can vote all this month.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #12
RONAN

Default New member

I noticed this forum in an article in Slate magazine. I have sampled a number of rums when in the Caribbean and occasionally go to Cuba to get cigars, (legal for Canadians). Primarily interested in s sipping, non-mixed drink rather than cocktails. Look forward to learning more, and I am far from expert in the area. Primarily I am a wine collector.
RONAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #13
svpp10

Hello all, my name is Paul Lucier and I like Mount Gay Rum. That said, and this may be a function of age, the best rum I ever tasted, +/-25 years ago, was Bremuadaz (spl?). I'm pretty sure it was from the Dominican Republic and it was a gift from a friend who's daughter in law was a flight attendant with American Airlines. So the question is, how close was I with the name and is it still distilled?
Thanks for any help and I looking forward to trying new taste.
Paul J. Lucier
svpp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #14
samoht

Hello, I am new to the forum and quite new to rum. Would really like some recommendations on aged/premium rum's

I live in Norway so when ordering the wait is usually way to long...
samoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
rdenton

Default IUntro

Just learned of your site. I am a retired US Army officer who has learned many years ago to appreciate fine rum.
rdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #16
RumBarrel

Default New Member Introduction

I am an avid rum collector from Ottawa, Ontario in Canada, and of course and avid rum drinker too! Although I have to battle with the horrible LCBO here in Ontario to buy most my rums I have a collection that is up around 110different rums at the moment (mostly mid range and premium rums). I hope to have that up to 130 by the end of 2011!

RumBarrel
RumBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Ancient Diver

Default hey, what's up?

hey all. just checking things out. maybe I'll learn something about rum. Drink mostly straight up, no ice. Quality is so much easier to appreciate when nothing masks the taste of the distiller. I like good bourbon and dark, flavorful rums.
Ancient Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #18
Janmaat

Default ...happy I found you...

I'm a retired refinery-engineer - born at the seeside of northern Germany - having worked at several places around the world - some years in Scotland, where I became a lover of single-malt whisky. Short time ago a friend invited me to join a rum-tasting and we started to exchange samples, whiskies versus r(h)ums and both enlarged our "horizon". I hope I will learn more about rum - and one good day maybe meet someone from the community somewhere. My forum-name is Janmaat - this is how we call sailors - and saillors were the man I believe have always had a good relationship with rum -

cheers - so long
Janmaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #19
Newkeaf

Default New member

Hello all
I'm glad that I found this wonderful site. I started to think that I was the only one who appreciates the joy of rum. Most of my friends look at me as if I am touched in the head when I start to extol the virtues of rum. My collection is growing in both number and quality. There is so much to know and learn. BTW, the tasting part is not bad either!
Newkeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:09 AM   #20
Mossfish

Default Searching...

I found this site while searching for some of the rums I used to find and here I'll stay. I'm a retired Navy Chief Hospital Corpsman that was born in Florida and I've traveled the world trying out local rums and other brews. I come from several generations of sailors and travelers and rum drinkers. I like the expensive bottles, but Bacardi Select and Black Label Rinaldo Rare Preserve will be enough to keep me out of my collection...most of the time. Thanks for this great site.
Mossfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions