MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

265 years ago in 1749, La Mauny was established on Martinique.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Rum in the Media > Rum News
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Rum News

Links to articles about our favorite spirit

Old 03-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Default Seagram's® Smooth Brazilian Rum

SEAGRAM'S® ENTERS NEW TERRITORY WITH THE LAUNCH OF SEAGRAM'S® SMOOTH BRAZILIAN RUM
Source: PR USA March 11th

Seagram's, one of the only major U.S. beverage trademarks with products in multiple categories -- including the number one selling Seagram's Gin - announces the launch of Seagram's Smooth Brazilian Rum. Seagram's Rum will be available in Seagram's Smooth Brazilian Rum (white rum) - and two new flavors; Seagram's Citrus Flavored Rum and Seagram's Raspberry Flavored Rum. All three offerings have been blended to provide the perfect balance of unparalleled smoothness and the unique, exotic rum character native only to Brazil. Their unique taste profile makes them the perfect base for today's most popular rum cocktails.

Craig Johnson, Marketing Director for Seagram's Rum at Pernod Ricard USA, said the brand will be an attractive proposition for the trade. "The Rum category has grown by 10MM cases over the last 10 years, and is forecasted to grow by another 10MM cases in the next decade, offering the Seagram's trademark a significant opportunity to increase sales and brand awareness." He added, "Consumers know and trust the Seagram's name. Seagram's Gin, which also includes the Seagram's Twisted Gin and Seagram's Gin & Juice products, remains the number one selling gin in the U.S. The combination of growth opportunity and respected quality brand name made the decision to enter the rum category a no-brainer."

Why Brazil? Said Johnson: "We tested concepts from around the world with consumers and the exotic, mysterious qualities that embody Brazil emerged as having the strongest appeal. Brazilian rums are traditionally distilled to create a lighter spirit with citric, lemon notes which is exactly what we were looking for."

Seagram's Original Brazilian Rum, Seagram's Citrus Brazilian Rum and Seagram's Raspberry Brazilian Rum will launch at retail in May 2009. Seagram's Original Rum will be available in 1.75L, 1.0L, 750ml, 375ml, 200ml 100ml and 50ml sizes. Seagram's Citrus Flavored Rum and Seagram's Raspberry Flavored Rum will be available in 1.75L, 1.0L, 750ml and 50ml sizes. The three rums will be line priced and will retail for a suggested price of $11.99/750ml.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Duffman

I'm sorry, but maybe the Marketing Director at Seagram might want to reconsider the name attached to one of the new rums.

When I hear someone say "smooth Brazilian", it's not rum that first comes to mind! And one might want to be carefull when ordering from a waitress or female bartender.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Rum Runner

Duff...I was thinking the same thing!:eek:
Old 03-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
joergen

Duffman, that's really funny. I almost fell out of the sofa reading your post.
joergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:59 AM   #5
RobertBurr

Send a message via Skype™ to RobertBurr

You think this name was a mistake? You'll never forget the moment your lips first touched that smooth Brazilian. At $11.95 a bottle, you can afford to go down (to the store) again and again.
RobertBurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
gmarket

I read about the new Seagram rums the other week. I also read that Diageo had issued a new vanilla rum. Anyone know anything about that? Shame the Brazilian rum isn't gonna make it to England (yet).
gmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
Duffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertBurr View Post
You think this name was a mistake? You'll never forget the moment your lips first touched that smooth Brazilian. At $11.95 a bottle, you can afford to go down (to the store) again and again.
Robert, don't think that it didn't cross my mind.

Imagine you're in a bar, and you order some of this rum. "I'll have a Smooth Brazilian, neat please." All of a sudden, from out of the kitchen a big-boned angry woman with a hot pail of wax is heading for your table.eek.gif

The stuff of nightmares.

Duff
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
Hank Koestner

Ahh, it only hurts for a second....
Old 03-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
"I'll have a Smooth Brazilian, neat please."
I'll take one of those and I might just order some rum too.
Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
RobertBurr

Send a message via Skype™ to RobertBurr

Today I received a bottle of Seagram's Smooth Brazilian Rum. It clearly leads with tones of a light bodied cachaзa, with the signature big flavor and a surprisingly smooth finish for a rum set to retail for $11.95. This product has incredible potential among the critical 24 to 37 demographic to break through with the exotic flavor of Brazil, at a very affordable price. They're calling it rum, which may be less confusing to some than cachaзa.

The name Seagram's is going to feel a lot more familiar to the American consumer than others on the market. I would not be surprised to see this white rum selling for $8.99 in the near future. I know of no cachaзa of any worth in that price range.
RobertBurr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Rum in the Media > Rum News