MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

157 years ago in 1861, Le Galion S.A.E.M. (Martinique) was established on Martinique.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #121
Stevebbh

Default Hello from Portsmouth

Hi

I have just found this forum and want to enjoy banter about the great spirit Rum.

I have been enjoying Rum for some years, starting with Bacardi and Coke like a lot do. Then onto the dark rums and coke Capt Morgan was the then favourite. Then discovered Woods Navy Rum and how good it was on ice to taste the demerara undertones.

Once I had travelled to the Caribbean that was it - I was opened up to a whole new world of Rum. Since then I have started a small collection of my own. Now extending to 25 bottles in the sideboard. There are others I have tried and now pass over and hundreds I have yet to try.

Currently it stands at a 20 / 30 / 50 split between white, dark and spiced rums with Professor Cornelius Ampleforth Rumbullion on ice right at the top.

I hope to hear from fellow Rumologists soon.
Stevebbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:48 PM   #122
rvtravelerz

Default New Old Fart in town

Yo Ho Ho.....Got my intro to a friend with a bottle of rum in St Johns USVI about 28 years ago..Cruzan was $1.75, and a qt of OJ was $3.00....Since then I learned to bring some Crystal lite powder with me.....(tent camping on St John several times).. Cruise ships have broadened the tasting field and the local Florida and Ohio Liquor stores have contributed to many taste bud experiences....It is only last month that I had an exceptional rum, brought to me by my daughter from an Arkansas store.....El Dorado, from Guyana, 15 years old.....First time ever I polished off a bottle of rum over a short period of time, on the rocks... When a cruise ship hits port, I look for local rum, particularly rasta rum..infused with what ever....Read an article on TripAdvisor forum to seek out , on the Island of Dominica, The Ruins......40 or 50 bottles, infused with everything....anise, cinnamon, grasshoppers, gecko, catapiller, snake, snake head, scorpion....I tried the first 2, but drew the line ...at $5 a shot.........Favorite Rum?? newly imbibed El Dorado,, Appleton, Cruz dark and Blackstrap.. CSR from St Kitt...and prefer Ron Rico overBacardi Skoal
rvtravelerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #123
argentino11

Hi All,
I have been a rum drinker all of my life. If I had to choose one libation it would be rum, and probably a rhum agricole. Speaking of which, now that I am rebuilding my bar would love to have a recommendation for a medium bodied rhum agricole. I already have a couple of St. Croix rums, Jamaican, Bermuda and Barbados. Which of the wonderful spirits from the French Caribbean should I consider. Back in the old days before I was forced into retirement, my career took me to every corner of Canada and Latin America. The assignment was like throwing gasoline on a fire, and after many years I never tired of it. Many a bottle of wonderful local stuff made it back to Chicago. Now that so many of my pals and relatives have passed on I have made closer friends with my booze and drink for the pure pleasure of the tastes. I'm glad to find a venue to feed my rum addiction.
argentino11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions