MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

135 years ago in 1883, the production of sugar from sugar beets equaled the production of sugar from sugar cane for the first time.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:11 PM   #291
jblaschke

Howdy folks! I'm a recovering journalist living in Central Texas who now works in media relations. I write speculative fiction but my most recent book is a non-fiction history on the infamous Chicken Ranch (yes, the Best Little Whorehouse). Rum's always been my spirit of choice, but until recently I was more interested in homebrew beers, ales and mead. Falling down the tiki rabbit hole a couple years ago led me to develop an interest in craft cocktails and from there, a desire to improve my rum IQ. Which, obviously, leads one to the Ministry of Rum sooner or later.
jblaschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #292
DJ Mal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis03 View Post
I am a frequent visitor to the Bahamas - generally through Nassau on a cruise ship. On each visit, I return with not less than 3 cases of Ricardo Coconut Rum. On one visit, I brought back six cases. I will be visiting again the end of March, 2018 this time in Freeport. I understand the distillery for Ricardo Coconut Rum is in Freeport. Does anyone know their address and whether they provide tours. To me, this would almost be like a visit to Mecca. Thanks
Is this a dark, amber or clear rum?
Old 01-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #293
svmerlin

Default Sailing Vessel Merlin

I was pleasantly surprised to find your web site today! I remember back in 2004 or there about I found your web site and sent you an email to which you were kind enough to reply. We sailed aboard Merlin for 8 years from Florida to the DR to PR and Culebra to the VI to Trinidad and all the Islands in between and back to Wash DC via the ICW and of course many parts of the Bahamas! We especially enjoyed the Rum from the DR called Columbus. Can't seem to find it anywhere around here in Port St Lucie Florida. Any ideas?
Cheers,
Ralph
svmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #294
LooseCannon

Default Ready to Learn

Hello from the Sun Coast of Florida!

Excited about joining the group and looking forward to learning the fine art of rum!
LooseCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:12 AM   #295
Dirtylooks

Default A brief introduction

Hello Rum lovers,
I am a fairly new convert to rum in particular. I enjoy it immensely and am building a collection, but it keeps getting consumed... I appreciate that I can still afford top line Rums, whereas even bourbon is now an over marketed commodity. I think Rum, much like quality Sherry in the wine world, is affordable and under appreciated ... Though the Hamilton St. Lucia was a bit difficult to find I am now a happy man to have tasted it and added it to my home bar! I look forward to learning much about everything.
Dirtylooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #296
Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemoore View Post
I am a member of a group of self appointed missionaries of GREAT rums.We as a group have devoted our taste buds to the world of ZAYA!!!
We are all grown men in the Midwest semi or should be retired professionals(self annoited).
We like our Rum and women old and dark!

Seemoore
Great quote! Love it!
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:10 PM   #297
Tafika2

New to this forum and looking forward to indulging in the rum life as I sail east to the caribbean later this year!
Tafika2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #298
saltyoldseadog

Default Newbie

Not a newbie to rum. I joined the Royal Navy in 1963 and as a Victualler was responsible for storing, issuing and accounting for the RN's daily rum issue until it's demise on the 31st July 1970. (Black Tot Day).

I continued my interest in genuine RN rum after I left the Navy in 1979 and to that end have purchased a substantial collection of Royal Navy Rum memorabilia including round and lipped measures, funnels, corkscrews, barrels, jars, tubs, issuing fannies and (I'm down to my last 4 gallons) genuine ex Royal Navy rum. After Black Tot Day a considerable amount of rum left in the Royal Dockyards was purchased by a consortium, shipped out to Gibraltar and sold in gallon jars from there. Occasionally some of these full gallons pop up for auction in the UK and over the years I have probably purchased about 20 gallons of the stuff.

I also collect Pusser's Rum memorabilia and have a substantial collection of that as well including some of the early rare items.

Favourite rums include Royal Navy (obviously), Angostura 1824, Pusser's 15 y.o., Mount Gay extra old and OVD.

I cruise the Caribbean islands about every 3 years or so and enjoy sipping all of the various islands' rums. Last time I was fortunate to be included in Tot Time in English Harbour, Antigua with a bunch of like minded rum lovers.
saltyoldseadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #299
giospro

Default Hi from Utah

I'm excited about joining the group and learning more about Rum.
giospro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:44 AM   #300
Kailua Geoff

Default Introduction

Aloha,
I grew up in Kailua, Hawaii and lived in Florida for many years. I now live in coastal Delaware where I remain close to the sea. Nearly 20 years ago I became interested in the Polynesian popular culture of the USA and formed friendships with others who share a passion for all things "tiki". One of the pleasant results for me is having had the opportunity to experience a wide variety of rum-based exotic cocktails and fine sipping rums. My home tiki bar is called the Honolulu Lounge where I stock approximately 30 rums. I am pleased to join the Ministry Rum forum to further my understanding of the noble spirit and share my own tastes and experiences.
Mahalo,
Kailua Geoff
Kailua Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions