MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

84 years ago in 1930, the Barceló rum company was established in the Dominican Republic.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #111
Jerry44

Default Odyssey of Rhum

I stumbled upon your URL while searching for Clement Rhum Agricole. I am also a sailor. On a bareboat charter in July 1976, we sailed up the east coast of Martinique (forbidden territory for charterers) and anchored off the little town of Le Francois after threading our way through the reefs. Looking at the google eye-in-the-sky map I see it has exploded. At that time we took the dinghy ashore and landed at a tiny cove with a beach restaurant literally on the sand. We enjoyed a delightful lunch served by the owner who spoke no English. Our rudimentary French must've charmed him since after lunch he offered to drive us into the main part of Le Francois and took us to a bar where he recommended the 't punch. We were thrilled to be the only anglos in a sleepy little bar and had a few drinks. We were particularly impressed by the intense aroma of sugar cane in the white rum. We told him that and he whisked us to the Plantation Clement nearby. There, he introduced us to the owner (fils) who took us on a tour of the distillery. Of course, we bought a dozen bottles of that spectacular run to take back to New York. As memory serves, the cost was about $2 per bottle.

Later, at home, after we had consumed our hoard, I looked for a source in NYC. I did find one. A very well stocked wine store across Broadway from Lincoln Center. I forget the name. Since moving to CA in 1988 I have been deprived of that delightful product; settling for the quite different taste of Whaler's which is available in Trader Joe's. I have seen Clement rum for sale on-line. I would prefer not to pay high shipping charges by going to a retail store. Help?
Jerry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #112
6pack

Default I have new stock!

Hi all!
If ever in Lloydminster at my little store 6 pack on 44th st, I have my name down for the Appleton's 50 year rum, new stock includes English Harbour 1981, English Harbour reserve 10 yr, Clement Vieux XO, Clement 10 yr, Ron Zacapa, Plantation, St. Lucia 1931 and remainder of line, Juan Santos 5,9,12,21 and so many more!
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #113
slackerthepirate

Default Hello

i was looking to add a rum that was missing from the database.
slackerthepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #114
Oboeterry

Default New to this forum

Hi, my name is Terry and I am a touring musical theatre musician (I play woodwinds: oboe, clarinet, flute and saxes); I love good beers, bourbon, some whisky (Scotch) and good rum So far my favorite rums have been Pyrat, Appleton Estate Reserve and Ten Cane, but I'd love recommendations!
Oboeterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #115
chrisaaronlaw

Default Chris Aaron

I am an attorney in Las Vegas, Nevada. In about a week, I am going to open an office in Bismarck, North Dakota. I found this site and became interested because I love rum. To be sure, I am no expert on rum but would like to strive to become one.

I love my wife and am blessed by virtue of being the father of four-year-old triplets. I love the practice of law. At first, I began my career by practicing primarily in the area of family law and criminal defense. Subsequently, I began practicing in the area of business law and some limited international law. I would like to increase my international practice somehow. Hopefully, my move to Bismarck, North Dakota will prove to be a step in the right direction toward that goal. The economy there is booming after all.

Thanks,

Chris Aaron, Esq.
chrisaaronlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #116
Edward Hamilton
Founder

To add rums to the database, you must be affiliated with the producer. You can register your trade and then tell me about your product.
I'm sure you can imagine that if anyone was allowed to just add rums to this database that it would be full of spam and rums that are still in the planning stages and not available. I pride myself on the quality of information about every rum on this website and only after I confirm some details are cane spirits added to the database.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #117
elliodiablo

Smile hi rum lovers

I am a young Italian bartender and I live in Milan. I am fascinated by the world of rum, is my favorite spirits ... strong and true ... like me!
elliodiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #118
Amanex

Default Introductions and greetings

G'day all!

I'm a young bartender based in Melbourne, Australia that loves all things spirit especially chances to gain more knowledge any way I can

I've been perusing this forum for a couple days and found heaps of cool info and have decided to stop lurking about and say hi!

Hope to learn heaps from all the experienced rum lovers here!
Amanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #119
TavernMistress

Default Fun with Rum

Hello Rum Enthusiasts - I am planning a rum tasting event at an historic tavern at a history museum. I run lots of fun events at the Tavern, but unfortunately do not know a lot about rum. I am trying to plan this event and thought you guys might have some good ideas.
I am thinking about a loosely nautical theme to tie in to New England history since we are a Museum. So far I am planning to have several types of rum to sample (I have someone who knows spirits helping me select.) A rum punch. Some Bumbo. For food, a rum salad (fruit salad with rum dressing), rum balls. What other savory foods will go good with the rum? I don't want foods with rum in them - I want foods to accompany the rum. We have a working cooking hearth so foods that can be cooked directly on the hearth by women in colonial costume would be best.
Any other thoughts to make this a fun event?

Thanks,
The Tavern Mistress
TavernMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #120
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Can you tell us where and about when this event will happen?
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions