MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

103 years ago in 1911, the Puerto Rican Distilling Co. began distilling operations in Arecibo.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #101
wouter S

Default greetings from Holland, Deventer

Hi, i am wouter 32 years old. This is my first message. I have been drinking whisky and bourbon for about 13 years, till i found the great taste of some fine rums. The last year i have tasted : Ron Barcelo imperial, Brugal anejo, Havana Club 7 yrs, Diplomatico reserva 8yrs, and Flor de Cana 4yrs.
The last buy is a bottle of Appleton VX wich is still closed.
Greetings from Holland, Deventer.
wouter S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #102
m-touch

Default New Member Intro

Greetings Fellow Rum Drinkers,

To begin, I had a major rum experience tonight. Had a small taste, about a quarter once, of Black Tot. Not sure if I could kick up a $1000 for a bottle, but the complexity, and amazingly long finish was extraordinary. Sipping it over the course of about 45 minutes showed significant development and allowed savoring the changes as the spirit opened up.

I got started on this rum obsession in college with Mt. Gay, later discovered Rhum Barbancourt (an 8 year Reserve Speciale and a 15 year Estate Reserve on the shelf at present) then moved on to Ron Anejo Pampero Aniversario. I have about 25 bottles in my collection now. Still have a Guatemalan Zaya Gran Reserva. Got an interesting rum from Newfoundland last year, Screech. There's an interesting Newfoundland tradition connected with it...look it up, it involves kissing a cod. And yes, I did!

Always looking for new and interesting rums to sip and tonight was a very special rum experience.
m-touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #103
Cruzzer

Cool Cruzzer

I'm a new member, I love to drink Rum, born in El Salvador and I live in Sunny San Diego, retired US Navy, I've tasted many rums all over the world, my favorite Matuzalem, I'm always trying to discover a new taste of rums. I'm glad that I found this site. Can't wait to learn more about it.
Cruzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #104
SlowRain

Hi, everyone.

I'm a Canadian expatriate living in Taiwan. I've been a casual rum-drinker for several years. By that I mean I haven't sought out any high-end rums, but it tends to be my preferred liquor when I have the choice, and it's usually what (little) I stock at home. Taiwan doesn't have much selection of rum--Scotch and Cognac are heavily marketed here--but I came across a couple of bottles today that interest me, so I'm here to educate myself a bit.

The only other similar hobby I have is I'm also into coffee and espresso. Apart from that, I like reading and movies and I'm into straight razors a bit.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #105
Card Player

Default Hello Everyone

I started out enjoying scotch whisky, then my tastes shifted to bourbon and canadian whiskies, being more sweet. 4 years ago my first sipping rum I was given was Havana Club Barrel Proof, and later I tried El Dorado 15. These 2 rums were great, but my taste was still more for whisky.

Lately I have been having more of a taste for it. I purchased Angostura 1919 and Ron Zacapa 23 Solera...both I enjoy a lot...the Zacapa is very sweet. Today I made 2 more purchases; Angostura 1824 and Doorly's XO.

I belong to 2 whisky forums and also play a lot of cards...mostly texas holdem. Here to read some posts, chat to members, and hopefully learn a few things.

Cheers
Card Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #106
Anejo lover

Default Anejo lover

Hello all.

I'm a retired ambulance dispatcher from British Columbia, Canada. I have only ever tried one type of rum I didn't like, but dozens that I do! I golf, camp, geocache, and travel, as much as possible. I also enjoy photography. Good thing I'm retired, because there wouldn't be time for all of that if I wasn't! One of the good things about travelling, is the opportunity to try some rums that aren't available in BC.

This looks like a great site, and I'll enjoy learning about some great rums.

Cheers!
Anejo lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #107
Greybeard

Default Hi

Just a brief intro. I'm an old salt who is a semi retired mortgage banker, so I guess that qualifies me as a modern day pirate. I sail when I can, and enjoy exploring the many varieties of rum that is out there. I do not profess to be an expert on rum, I just enjoy it. My favorites so far are Old New Orleans Amber Gold, Meyers Dark, and of course Captain Morgan Spiced. I have been known to take an occasional trip down Harsh Rd when the money is tight to Admiral Nelson, that however is a lesser traveled road. I am open to suggestions on favorite rums of other members here. Your best and worst bring it on I'll try my best to give them a taste. In my young "senior" years I have noticed that thru good times and bad this fine spirit has seen me through. Here's wishing you all "fair winds and following seas until we meet".
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #108
rodndtube

Default Rum Drinker from US, But PR Childhood

Having grown up in Puerto Rico it is natural for me to drink rum! My preferences lean towards the darker, molasses based aged rums.
rodndtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #109
Kari

Default Greetings

Hi everyone. I`ve been browsing these forums for a few years now and I find it a great source for information on rum. I live in Quebec, Canada have been collecting/drinking rum for over a decade. I currently have about 30 kinds, and I enjoy drinking them strait, on ice or with a bit of coke depending on the rum. I`ve been enjoying the fact that rum is becoming more and more accessible around here but I still make efforst to get bottles from elsewhere everytime someone I know or myself leaves the province. When researching what rums to pick up this site has helped a lot so thank you Mister Hamilton and a big thanks to the members that post here also!
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #110
chainwhip

Default PacNW via Louisiana

Hello!

I'm from the Seattle area & grew up in New Orleans (but made in Taiwan) =]b

My Rum experiences previously were relegated to mixer-type Bacardi's for the purpose of partying instead of savoring/sipping (college & single days). Since then, I've discovered the world of sipping whiskies (scotch, bourbon, rye, etc.,) neat & have come around to appreciating tequila as well. Given tequila was another college&wildoats libation for me, having the epiphany that it can be a fine spirit revealed that perhaps rum could also reveal rich textures and flavors.

I hope to learn lots here and contribute as well.
chainwhip is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions