MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

5 years ago in 2009, Desert Diamond Distillery was established in Kingman, Arizona.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Sugar Cane Spirits > Rum questions/discussions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Rum questions/discussions

General questions or discussions about particular brands should be posted here.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
chrism76

Default Ontario's LCBO Private Ordering

Perhaps this program existed a long time ago and I never noticed it however for those who haven't noticed it, I think this is good news.. for me anyways who isn't crossing to the United States anytime soon.

Not only is it a way to get products we don't have in the LCBO but also a way to be heard in the sense that if they notice that a product is popular that they might throw it in their line-up.

LCBO Private Ordering

If any of you tried it already.. tell us your experience if you have the time to do so
chrism76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Rogiz Bak's

I have ordered items before from one LCBO to another, Vintage item which was only available downtown Toronto.........had it sent to the Oshawa location at no charge. This what you are refering to i had no idea of, and it makes complete sense. If you are not travelling why not get them to mule the items for you at a small up charge and surely items they may consider getting n a regular basis.

Good idea, i will have to give it a shot and let you know!
Rogiz Bak's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Rob L

Didn't it say you had to order by the case?
Rob L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
goofienewfie

It's by the case ordering, the charges can be exorbitant and you may encounter issues with there being local representation just no listing at the LCBO. God speed!
goofienewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Mikeycanuk

I looked at this a while back for some organic tequila. Not only is there the case minimum, there are the shipping fees plus taxes. And get this - you might have to pay to have it lab tested in this nanny state of ours! God only knows how much you'll pay. Cheaper to get a US postal box and drive to the border if you positively have to have said nectar of the gods.

Personally I'm over my MUST buy whatever is new and I've found that for the $ the El Dorado 12 or is it the 15? is a great bargoon for $32! therefore my rum collection has shrunk to a sad level. Only some (nasty) Cruzan spiced, Zacapa 15 and Foursquare spiced. I do have to get some cheap nice coloured booze to fill up the St Nicholas Abby 12 that bit the dust last night. makes for a good trinket from our Barbados trip, I could have even had it filled 9months later but eh... didn't feel like paying for 3 passes to get in.
Mikeycanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Rogiz Bak's

Based on Mikeycanuk's comment it would make more sense to just travel in my opinion. Yet another example of just how screwed we get by the GOV and it's monopoly with the LCBO!

I will dump my hard earned $ in the US......there economy could use it more anyway!
Rogiz Bak's is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Sugar Cane Spirits > Rum questions/discussions