MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

169 years ago in 1845, Distillerie Isautier was established on Reunion.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Meet the Distiller / Blender > Meet Carl Kanto from Demerara Distillers
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Junsas

Default El Dorado 25

A few month ago i got my hands on a bottle of El Dorado 25. I absolutely love the 12y and 15y old. Looking forward to opening the 25y on a special occasion (which hopefully will come soon ).

How many bottles of this rum have been produced? On your website you state, that only 3000 bottles were produced in 1999. My bottle has a small label which says it is bottle 0324 of 2008. Do you have some of the rum stored in steel tanks or something similar and bottle it every year?

I also saw varying proof statements on the 700ml (40% abv) and 750ml (43% abv) versions. Why this difference?

Junsas
Junsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
El Dorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junsas View Post
A few month ago i got my hands on a bottle of El Dorado 25. I absolutely love the 12y and 15y old. Looking forward to opening the 25y on a special occasion (which hopefully will come soon ).

How many bottles of this rum have been produced? On your website you state, that only 3000 bottles were produced in 1999. My bottle has a small label which says it is bottle 0324 of 2008. Do you have some of the rum stored in steel tanks or something similar and bottle it every year?

I also saw varying proof statements on the 700ml (40% abv) and 750ml (43% abv) versions. Why this difference?

Junsas
Sorry I did not respond to you earlier but the days seems to grow shorter - probably need a 30 hours days.

If you love the 12 years and 15 years then you will go head over heels in love with the 25 years. This rum is so soft and smooth it is like velvet. It disappears from your palette before you realise you are drinking it.

I can tell you the exact number of bottles that have been produced so far but it is not very large. I'll try to get the number and give it to you.

No we do not have the rum stored in steel tanks or any such thing. As rums from our warehouses come to age then we blend and bottle. Because the minimum age of the rums in the blend is 25 years old the quanyity produced is limited. The 25 years was actually produced as a one off rum for the millennium. We had never planned a 25 years old rum hence when the demand came we could not supply as was required.

The 700 ml (43%) is for the European market and the 750 ml (40%) is for the US, Canada and other markets.
El Dorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Tony8669

Is it still possible to get ED 25 in ontario canada or the usa. ED 25 is the king of rums. I wish i didnt drink my bottle so fast during a week long fishing trip this summer.
Tony8669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Ruminsky Van Drunkenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony8669 View Post
Is it still possible to get ED 25 in ontario canada or the usa. ED 25 is the king of rums. I wish i didnt drink my bottle so fast during a week long fishing trip this summer.
Oh, I don't know about the king of rums...the Rum Nation Demerara 23 year old is pretty stellar, and the English Harbour 1981 25 year old is exceptional. That said, I think we can agree that the older El dorados are for sure among the royalty of rums.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
aerozep

I found this for Ontario:
http://www.thebeerguy.ca/our_brands/...oduct_id=70658

My El Dorado 25 is numbered: 0220 of 2008 (sticker underneath canister). Does that mean the production run was limited to 2008 bottles? (if so, kind of odd number)
aerozep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
goofienewfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerozep View Post
I found this for Ontario:
http://www.thebeerguy.ca/our_brands/...oduct_id=70658

My El Dorado 25 is numbered: 0220 of 2008 (sticker underneath canister). Does that mean the production run was limited to 2008 bottles? (if so, kind of odd number)
I can't recall what bottle number is on mine but I believe the "2008" is just the year of the bottling. The folks at ED haven't stated how much was bottled, as far as I know. My understanding is that there have been several bottlings across years and at different ABV.
goofienewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
aerozep

Out of curiousity, what other bottle numbers do people have? Particulary interested in high numbered bottles and bottles that don't have "#### of 2008".
aerozep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
Ruminsky Van Drunkenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerozep View Post
Out of curiousity, what other bottle numbers do people have? Particulary interested in high numbered bottles and bottles that don't have "#### of 2008".
I just bought two bottles marked "xxx of 2011", so it seems reasonable to assume the numbers refer to years.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Jamie76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruminsky Van Drunkenberg View Post
I just bought two bottles marked "xxx of 2011", so it seems reasonable to assume the numbers refer to years.
I'm curious...I am assuming that the ED 25 is no longer being made, however there seems to be a good supply up in the Great White North. Is it just low demand? I've not seen it here in the States in recent years, and about the only place I see it online is through European vendors. I still have my hopes up that I will eventually obtain one.
Jamie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #10
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie76 View Post
I'm curious...I am assuming that the ED 25 is no longer being made; I still have my hopes up that I will eventually obtain one.
Since the 25 years is on the company's web site, we can safely assume that it will be available again. I would say that quantities are limited, so it's not available year round, but it's not an anniversary or one-time release.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Meet the Distiller / Blender > Meet Carl Kanto from Demerara Distillers