MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

32 years ago in 1982, South Pacific Distillery was established in Nelson, New Zealand.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Meet the Distiller / Blender > Meet Claudine Neisson Vernant from Martinique
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Default Introduction

Claudine Neisson Vernant is the daughter of Jean Hildevert Pamphile Neisson, a chemical engineer who with his eldest brother, Adrian, founded the distillery in 1931 and received authorization from the governor of the colony to produce rhum in 1932.

Claudine graduated from the Univeristy of Medicine of Paris and worked as a doctor in Paris before coming to Martinique in 1974 to work as a doctor in tropical diseases department at the Center Hospital University. Later she worked in HIV research and treatment 1995.

Today she is the president of the Syndicat de defense de l' Appellation d' Origine rhum agricole Martinique. She is also a member of the French National Commission of Eau de Vie and the National Committee of Wines.

She is also a member of the Committee of French rhum producers "cirt dom" which inlcudes Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion and French Guyana and represents French rhum producers to the French Ministries and the EU commission in Brussels.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Hank Koestner

That is quite an impressive resume! Will Ms. Vernant be interacting on the forum? As everyone knows, I love Rhum Agricole, and I might have a few questions for her. I have four varied bottles of Neisson sitting on my shelf,
and it is lucky that we can aquire them here in the states so they can be replenished. Welcome to the Minstry, Mrs Verant!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
El Dorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Hamilton View Post
Claudine Neisson Vernant is the daughter of Jean Hildevert Pamphile Neisson, a chemical engineer who with his eldest brother, Adrian, founded the distillery in 1931 and received authorization from the governor of the colony to produce rhum in 1932.

Claudine graduated from the Univeristy of Medicine of Paris and worked as a doctor in Paris before coming to Martinique in 1974 to work as a doctor in tropical diseases department at the Center Hospital University. Later she worked in HIV research and treatment 1995.

Today she is the president of the Syndicat de defense de l' Appellation d' Origine rhum agricole Martinique. She is also a member of the French National Commission of Eau de Vie and the National Committee of Wines.

She is also a member of the Committee of French rhum producers "cirt dom" which inlcudes Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion and French Guyana and represents French rhum producers to the French Ministries and the EU commission in Brussels.
What a portfolio to carry. Any way as long as it is rum it is a joy to carry.

Welcome on board Claudine. Greetings from the land of liquid gold, El Dorado. Looking forward to many more meetings on rum.
El Dorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Koestner View Post
That is quite an impressive resume! Will Ms. Vernant be interacting on the forum? As everyone knows, I love Rhum Agricole, and I might have a few questions for her. I have four varied bottles of Neisson sitting on my shelf,
and it is lucky that we can aquire them here in the states so they can be replenished. Welcome to the Minstry, Mrs Verant!
Claudine Neisson Vernant will be answering questions on this forum. There have been a few changes in the AOC regulations and with the EU in regards to rhum agricole which Claudine will explain. She is very busy as you can imagine so don't expect a quick response but she loves helping others understand rhum agricole - what it is, what it isn't, how it's made and questions about Neisson and the history of rhum agricole.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Rum Runner

It is a pleasure to welcome Madame Claudine Neisson Vernant to the forum.

Her participation is appreciated in advance.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
Michael

We are very pleased to have Claudine here at the MOR. Many of us, while lacking Hank's knowledge and his access to the longer-aged selections, also love the rhums of Distillerie Neisson, and Rhum Agricole in general.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
RonJames

Like Rum Runner, I'd like to pre thank Cluadine for her time and effort. If you compare the people putting the extra time in you'll see that they match up to the rum companies putting out the greatest rums. Its nice to see that all that hard work pays off and that we get to enjoy it.

Last edited by Claudine Neisson; 06-18-2009 at 04:27 PM.
RonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
Rum Runner

So, Ladies and Gentlemen. Shall we begin?

Dear Claudine:

Can you give us an overview of the how the marque "AOC Martinique Rhum Agricole" is evolving? What recent changes have taken place?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
Tiare

We sure are very pleased to have Claudine here and i among many others here have a lot to learn.

Tiare

A Mountain of Crushed Ice
Tiare is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Meet the Distiller / Blender > Meet Claudine Neisson Vernant from Martinique