|Red Sail in the Sunset||1234 votes |
| Coecoei is centuries old, first made by coastal natives in the Caribbean. Arundel White Rum is from oldest continuously operated rum distillery in the western hemisphere. Key lime has been cultivated in the Western Hemisphere since the 1500's.|
- Coecoei, one ounce
- Arundel White Rum, one ounce
- Juice from 1/2 Key lime
- Mixer (Sierra Mist, Sprite or 7 Up)
- Garnish with the other half of the lime
- Squeeze the juice from 1/2 key lime into an eight ounce glass. Add Coecoei and Arundel White Rum, stir. Partially fill the glass about 3/4 of the way with crushed ice. Top off with mixer. Garnish with lime.
- Sit back and enjoy a drink with a flavor that harkens back to the Age of Exploration and the Golden Age of Sail.
|The Guatemalan Granny||340 votes |
| Complex to say the least. I am a self-proclaimed couture mixologist. I came up with this because I had the crazy idea to make a drink with both apples and jalapenos. I know it sounds weird but if made properly the flavors will layer properly and you wont|
- 2.5 Quezlateca
- .5 Velvet Falernum
- 1 Pom Juice
- .5 Depaz Blue Cane Syrup
- 1 or 2 Sliced Green Jalapeno
- 4 Pieces Diced Apple (Granny Smith)
- Dash Bar Keep Baked Apple Bitters
- Muddle jalapeno (taste or smell first for desired heat), apples and pom juice. Add rum, falernum, bitters and shake with ice 20 times (do not use new bacardi shaker). Strain into chilled martini glass.
- heres an image!
|Banana Colada||35 votes |
| Very filling and thick Colada, almost a meal in itself, but very very nice!
Plenty of similar recipes, but I love this one.|
- Mount Gay Eclipse Barbados Rum
- 3-4 Frozen sliced bananas,
2 cups Pineapple juice,
3/4 cup Mount Gay Eclipse,
3/4 cup Double Cream,
3/4 cup Coconut milk,
Blend in Smoothie maker.
Add more Rum for an extra kick, but add more frozen banana to maintain its thick milkshake texture.
|L'Expat||12 votes |
| Inspired by Brazilian Cachaca and the French
Expats living in Brazil. The bold, beautiful flavors of
Cachaca mingle with the floral, aromatic French liqueur St. Germain
Elderflower, fresh cucumbers and lime, Yellow Chartreuse, and
- 1.75 ounces Sagatiba Pura Cachaca Sagatiba Pura Cachaça
- 1/2 oz. Home-made pineapple syrup
- 1/4 oz. St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/4 oz. Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 6 thin cucumber wheels
- 2 oz. Brut Champagne
- Muddle the thin cucumber wheels with the pineapple syrup in the
bottom if an empty mixing glass. When done muddling, add in all other
ingredients (be sure to measure).
Fill mixing glass with ice. Cap mixing glass with a mixing tin, and
- Strain into a tall glass over new ice. Top with Champagne. garnish with
a thin cucumber wheel and a big sprig of fresh mint. Cheers!
Submitted by jaycrabbwcyc
|Pineapple Fog||11 votes |
| In ice cube tray, cut fresh pineapple cubes, top
up with water or ginger beer/ale and freeze.
When frozen add to blender, fill glass. Add 2oz
of Mount Gay Eclipse Silver rum.(if frozen with
water add a dash of ginger beer/ale)|
- Mount Gay Eclipse Silver Rum Mount Gay Eclipse Silver Rum
- * 2oz Mount Gay Eclipse Silver Rum
* Fill glass with blended frozen Pineapples
* Dash of ginger beer or ale (in cube tray or
- I luv my rums, the taste, the flavors, so I try
to keep my drinks simple yet refreshing on a hot
summer sailing cruise!
Submitted by Steven St-Amour
|Caribbean Brain Freeze||10 votes |
| This is a truly refreshing and enjoyable rum drink. However, I must caution you that this drink should be enjoyed slowly. If consumed too quickly, it will most certainly give you a brain freeze.|
- 2 oz Flor de Cana 4yo White Rum Extra Dry
- ¾ oz Galliano (liqueur)
- 1 Large Scoop or 1/3 cup lemon or lime sherbe
- 3 oz Quality Cream Soda
- 1 Key Lime Cut in Quarter Sections
- Place Sherbet in blender. Add Rum and Galliano. Then add Cream Soda. Cover and blend for only four or five seconds. Pour and garnish with a section of Key Lime. Add a large diameter straw. Drink Slowly and Enjoy!!!
|taklamakan||4 votes |
| 1 measure dark rum - old monk
1 measure light rum - bacardi
1 measure cointreau
stir over rocks in an old fashioned glass.
- 1 part old monk rum
- 1 part bacardi white rum
- 1 part cointreau
|Planteur||4 votes |
- 5 cl Damoiseau Rhum Blanc
- 5 cl guava juice
- 5 cl passion juice
- 5 cl orange juice
- 1 jet of grenadine
- grated nutmeg